Website term of use
- We do our best to ensure that the information in the web site is accurate and helpful at all times. However, we cannot ultimately warrant the accuracy of that information and cannot be held liable for any use or reliance you may make of or put on it except as specifically agreed with us in any further agreement we may make with you in writing.
- Any information on legal or regulatory matters, including without limitation the information contained in the EU Council Regulation 2135/98 and the Working Time Regulations sections ("the Regulations"), is general in nature, and is not intended as a guide to the Regulations or meant to substitute for advice provided by an independent professional experienced and practicing in that area. Users are advised to consult with such an independent professional. No claims or endorsements are made with respect to the contents of the Regulations sections and we disclaim liability for the accuracy of the information contained therein or any consequences of any use, reliance on or misuse of it to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any link (be it a hypertext link or other referral device) used on the web site is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked web site. We are not responsible for the content of any web sites that have links with the web site or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that have these linked web sites and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
- We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the web site for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium). Nothing within these conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury.
- All Intellectual Property Rights and goodwill in or relating to the contents of the web site belong to either us or to our suppliers.
- You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the web site solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may also recopy downloaded extracts to others for their personal, non-commercial use.
- You may not reproduce part or all of the contents of the web site in any form unless it is for personal, non-commercial use.
- You may not copy or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other web site, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work any of the content of the web site in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
- You may not frame or link to the web site or any part of it without our express permission.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions under which the web site is offered at any time. Any such change in terms and conditions will be effective once reflected in the text of these terms and conditions and published on this web page. You should check the terms and conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of and complying with the current version.
- The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement shall be governed by Scots Law, and you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts for the determination of disputes.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
This website is operated by Stoneridge Electronics Limited, a member of the Stoneridge Inc Group. Stoneridge Electronics Limited and our group companies ("we", "our" or "us") will collect personal details in relation to your name, address, telephone numbers, and the organisation that you work for when you provide details on the site or purchase goods from us. We will use your personal details to provide you with our goods, for administration and customer services, for marketing and also for verification purposes during the upgrade and renewal processes. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes. We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We and our group companies may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers of goods and services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes.
If you agree to us contacting you in future, any personal information you have provided will be stored and used by us for advertising and marketing purposes, for example, for sending you newsletters, details about competitions or promotions and other information which may interest you, for example software updates. We may also use the data provided by you for analysing and enhancing our advertising, marketing, market research, and sales activities.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this where requested on the registration page, unsubscribe from an email, or contact us using the details below.
Your consent and other people's information
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us processing your personal data, including sensitive personal data, for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we or they will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected.
If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed. When we first contact them we may tell them where we got their information from.
What do we mean by consent?
By buying a product or service from our websites, or registering on our websites, or using an application or otherwise interacting with our website or social media pages, you consent to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
Any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation. All our email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option by which you can opt out of further email contact if you so wish.
You have the right to ask Stoneridge Electronics Ltd for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must request this in writing, and that this may be subject to a fee of up to £10. The address to write to is:
Data Protection Enquiry – Marketing Dept
Stoneridge Electronics Ltd
Charles Bowman Avenue
Claverhouse Industrial Park
Dundee DD4 9UB
How do we protect your information?
We offer the use of a secure server when you place orders or access your account information. SSL (the secure server software) encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We link to a variety of other sites and we may display advertisements from third parties on our site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, or for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
When and how to contact us
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your information, please let us know by contacting the Data Protection Enquiry address above.
This policy can and does change. We recommend you refer back to this page often in order to keep up to date.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Find out more about cookies and what they are.
We use the information we gather to improve the services we provide on the web and ensure the sites we control work properly for our customers. For example:
- Recognising that you may already have given us your details so you don’t need to repeat this every time you use the site(s)
- Measuring how many people are using the website(s), so the services and information we provide can be made easier to use, to ensure they are working properly
- Analysing anonymous statistical data to help us understand how people use our website(s) so we can improve them.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using our sites.
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to deliver the sites as you currently see them. They also form part of how the websites work, so many are essential if you want to view the sites properly.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we use. For example, Google own cookies, which are controlled by them.
All the cookies we use on this site are listed here*.
If you want to delete any cookies you currently have, or change how they are delivered in the future, either click "Help" in your browser menu or visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx.
*Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site(s).